Principles of Transparency
JTHSM has fully adopted the COPE Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing. In particular, JTHSM fully adheres to the following transparency principles:
- Website: The journal’s website, including the text that it contains, clearly demonstrates that care has been taken to ensure high ethical and professional standards. It does not contain information that might mislead readers or authors, including any attempt to mimic another journal/publisher’s site. An ‘Aims & Scope’ statement is included on the JTHSM website and the readership is clearly defined. There is a clear statement on what this journal will consider for publication including authorship criteria (e.g., not considering multiple submissions, redundant publications). The journal’ ISSN is clearly displayed (both on the website as well as on each individual article published).
- Name of journal: Journal of Tourism, Heritage & Services Marketing is a unique name and not one that might be easily confused with another journal or that might mislead potential authors and readers about JTHSM’s origin or association with other journals.
- Peer review policy and process: In the content of JTHSM is clearly marked that this is a peer reviewed journal. Peer review process, as well as all policies related to the journal’s peer review procedures, are clearly described on this journal’s website, including the method of peer review used. JTHSM does not guarantee manuscript acceptance or very short peer review times.
- Ownership and management: Information about the ownership and management of JTHSM is clearly indicated on the journal’s website; ensuring that there is no misleading information about the nature of the journal’s owner.
- Governing body: JTHSM has an editorial board whose members are recognized experts in the subject areas included within the journal’s scope. The full names and affiliations of the journal’s editorial board are provided on the journal’s website.
- Editorial team/contact information: JTHSM provides the full names and affiliations of the journal’s editors on the journal website as well as contact information for the editorial office, including a full address.
- Copyright and Licensing: The policy for copyright is clearly stated in the author guidelines and the copyright holder is named on all published articles. Likewise, licensing information is clearly described in guidelines on the JTHSM website, and licensing terms are indicated on all published articles, both HTML and PDFs. Authors are allowed to publish under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence and all specific license requirements are clearly noted. Policies on posting of final accepted versions or published articles on third party repositories are clearly stated.
- Author fees: JTHSM does not charge authors fees for submitting, processing, or publishing papers.
- Process for identification of and dealing with allegations of research misconduct: JTHSM Editors are committed to take reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of papers where research misconduct has occurred, including plagiarism, citation manipulation, and data falsification/fabrication, among others. In no case shall JTHSM or its editors encourage such misconduct, or knowingly allow such misconduct to take place. In the event that JTHSM’s publisher or Editors are made aware of any allegation of research misconduct relating to a published article in this journal, the publisher or Editor are committed to follow COPE’s guidelines in dealing with allegations.
- Publication Ethics: JTHSM has detailed policies on publishing ethics. These should are clearly visible on its website, and refer to: i) Journal policies on authorship and contributorship; ii) How the journal will handle complaints and appeals; iii) Journal policies on conflicts of interest / competing interests; iv) Journal policies on data sharing and reproducibility; v) Journal’s policy on ethical oversight; vi) Journal’s policy on intellectual property; and vii) Journal’s options for post-publication discussions and corrections.
- Publishing schedule: The periodicity at which JTHSM publishes is clearly indicated.
- Access: The way in which the journal and individual articles are available to readers, Open Access and free of any fees, is clearly stated.
- Archiving: JTHSM has adopted a plan for electronic backup and preservation of access to the journal content, in the event the journal is no longer published; this is clearly indicated in the journal’s Digital Archiving Policy & Inclusion in Permanent Repositories.
- Revenue sources: The JTHSM business model and revenue sources are clearly stated on the journal’s website. he journal’s expenses are fully covered by the publisher (International Hellenic University), the third largest state-owned (public) university in Greece.
- Advertising: JTHSM states clearly its advertising policy; JTHSM do not publish any advertising material.
- Direct marketing: Any direct marketing activities, including solicitation of manuscripts that are conducted on behalf of JTHSM, are appropriate, well targeted, and unobtrusive. Information provided about the publisher and the journal is truthful and not misleading for readers or authors.